In order to use RunSignup, your browser must accept cookies. Otherwise, you will not be able to register for races or use other functionality of the website. However, your browser doesn't appear to allow cookies by default.
If you still see this message after clicking the link, then your browser settings are likely set to not allow cookies. Please try enabling cookies. You can find instructions at https://www.whatismybrowser.com/guides/how-to-enable-cookies/auto.
Before reading the FAQs please know that this is a new circumstance for us that we are having to maneuver. We understand this is new for everyone; but we will not tolerate any rudeness. We will be doing everything we can to produce live races so just bear with us if you have additional questions. Which, if you do, simply email us (Ricky@APTiming) or reach out using the contact button on the race page. We will reply as soon as we can or add/adjust the FAQs.
On the bright-side, if you are participating LIVE for the entire series, nothing really has changed. Some race day adjustments to account for social distancing but everything else is same as normal.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do I have to do all four races live to get the medal?
Nope, you can participate virtually this year if the event sells out or if you just don't feel comfortable being at an event. However, keep in mind that you are still responsible in submitting your time to earn the medal. Result submission is all on an honor system (no verification) but if you do not submit your time under your RunSignUp Profile within the deadline you will not earn it. Also, virtual participants are not eligible for awards.
2. Can I participate in some races live and some races virtually to complete the series?
(For example, I am out of town for Thanksgiving but still want to complete the medal)
Yes. You can sign up on a per race basis if you don't know your schedule or don't want to make the full commitment to the entire series. Just select the Live races for the ones you can attend and the Virtual races for the ones you can't attend.
3. I signed up to participate live but plans changed (I will be out of town, I had an injury, I got sick, etc.) and I need to go Virtual. How?
Go to your RunSignUp Profile and make the event transfer to virtual so you can have access to submit your virtual time. If you have trouble email us (Ricky@APTiming.com).
4. I was signed up to do a live race but missed it; can I now switch to the Virtual race?
Ideally, we want to be made aware of this well in advance as we prep things for live runners and that takes time and supplies. Hence, if you miss, it causes a huge inconvenience for us. If you know you are not going to be present at a live race and want to go virtual then please make the switch under your profile as soon as you know. The deadline to switch to virtual for each race will be when registration ends for that race. Therefore, to answer the question, if you are signed up to race live and miss it...you cannot switch to virtual after the live race. And if you try to email us a virtual time it will not be accepted.
5. I signed up to participate virtually but now want to race live; can I make that switch?
Unfortunately, if you sign up for the virtual events you CANNOT switch to the live events (unless space allows which is extremely not likely). Please do not come on race day and say you signed up to participate live and the system mistakenly has you as virtual. The system has a 15 minute window that if you make an error with your registration you can make changes within that 15 minutes. Please verify your registration details.
6. When will I get my items if I participate virtually?
We will verify your results are submitted once the deadline passes and then ship out your items (shirt, keychain, etc). The big medal will be shipped in the final package if/when you have a time for all four events.
7. What are the deadlines to submit your times for Virtual Participants?
The registration window is the same for virtual participants as live participants. However, virtual participants are required to submit their own results. Please make sure to do that by the deadlines listed below if you want to earn your swag. We will not accept any email time submissions. It has to be under your RunSignUp Account so it automatically goes into the Virtual Results. If you signed up for the entire series we have to import you first into the individual races (we will do this after the first live race).
8. I am doing the live races - what do I have to do in order to be eligible for awards and how are they calculated?
Simple, just participate at all four races in person. We will calculate the series standings based on your cumulative time (NET TIME). In the event a race is forced to move to virtual we will simply not count that race in the series standings and that race will be a "completion event".
9. What happens if I signed up for the Live Race but the event is now switched to Virtual due to another lock-down or restriction mandate?
Unfortunately, we cannot tell the future. However, we hope this does not happen. But if it does, all participants will be moved to the Virtual Race and we will simply hold onto your swag until the next race. In the event there is no "next" race we will host a no contact pickup someplace in town and if you can't make that we will cover your shipping. We just ask for patience as it will be a very fluid situation if that happens but we will do our best to communicate with everyone both through email and on our Facebook Page.
10. Why is there no paper registration or race day registration? I don't want to sign up online.
Unfortunately we have gone away from paper registration for many years and are not bringing it back. It adds a lot of additional work and financial tracking that we do not want to do as directing a race is hard enough. We are also requiring participants to sign up online prior to race day to avoid a line race morning. There will be no race day registration and if you come and are not registered you will get turned away. We will be pulling bandits off the course that are not registered as it goes against our size restrictions. Please be aware of the deadlines and get registered if you plan on attending. It helps us with prep work and also helps us do what we need to do to help social distancing.
11. Why is there sales tax and a processing fee?
Registrations are now required to collect and remit sales tax. The processing fee is there to cover costs of payment facilitators, emails, texts, etc.
12. What precautions are you taking specifically to help maintain social distancing?
Please refer to the race rules and policies below for items regarding this question.
13. Can I transfer my registration to someone or can someone run in my place?
We do not allow person to person transfers and if someone is caught running for you so you complete the series you will be DQ'd. Please note we physically tag every finish line photo so you will get caught if you do this.
14. If the race is moved virtually, will I still be able to get a refund?
Absolutely not. You will be required to agree to this upon registration in three ways (a separate question, a waiver, and a refund policy). If you are rude in any way to a director or volunteer you will not be able to participate in any APTiming hosted event ever again. If you request a charge back for your registration fee you will not be able to participate in any APTiming hosted event ever again. When registering you take the risk of the event being moved to a virtual event and if you don't want to risk it then please simply do not register.
Race Rules and Policies
1. Runners who have been feeling ill up to 48 hours before the race are not allowed to participate.
2. Runners with a temperature on race morning of over 99.4 degrees will not be allowed to participate.
3. Runners must follow social distance guidelines and avoid gathering in large groups (you are responsible in starting in your wave/time or you will be DQ'd).
4. Runners are responsible in bringing their own hydration (water/drinks).
5. Although not mandatory, masks are recommended both before/after the race.
6. Please stay within the area at all times. Do not trespass.
7. While running/walking please DO NOT cut across the parking lots. Stay on the course.
8. No littering, vandalizing, or tampering with any of the city amenities
9. Pets are allowed; must be leashed
10. Know the nature of the event and come hydrated/prepared.
11. No team-based (or any) bullying
12. Parking is abundant in the area
13. No refunds or transfers for any reason (even due to Force Majeure or Act of God)
14. Only virtual participants will get items shipped out. Awards will be made available at the next event of the series on a rolling basis.
15. No bandits are allowed on the course.
If you do not register for this event/sign the waiver for this event, then you cannot be associated with this event or any parties involved. Any risks and liabilities involving the pets/animals, as well as any other foreseen or unforeseen happenstances, are assumed by the individual.
Our events are designed to be fun and for the entire family. With that in mind any competitor, spectator, parent, volunteer, or sponsor, exhibiting unsportsmanlike conduct or interfering with the positive, competitive atmosphere of the event will be asked to leave the venue and course immediately with no refunds.